I wrote something about Gutenberg.
I was invited to a team meetup of Apollo, the WordPress.org-focused team, in Prague. Here are some impressions:
On April 20th, 2016 I led the kick-off meeting for the 4.6 release cycle. It was a great start. With a lot of Emoji
Now, three weeks later, I’m still here and couldn’t be happier. (Although there are still 13 weeks until the target date for the release of WordPress 4.6. 🙈)
I’m proud to have Garth Mortensen as my Release Deputy who supports me in managing a release to make WordPress great again. ✌️
I’m also super happy about the fact that we’ve already managed to complete some of my personal goals for 4.6:
- More activity on make.wordpress.org/core. There are already 44 posts about 4.6!
- There are around 10 active meetings in a week which are related to core. That includes bug scrubs, office hours and weekly chats. It “helps people schedule and structure their time” and “it also helps people be involved since they have plenty of options for when they can interact live with others“. 🙌
- The design team has revived the weekly chats! 🎉
- The focus of this release is to fix as many bugs as possible and to refine existing features. This got accepted pretty well so far. The overview page lists the current status of the tickets which were mentioned in the wish list post. As you can see, some of them are already fixed or are being worked on. 🔨
- The first feature project was merged a few days ago, Font Natively.
Ding dong the Open Sans witch is dead! Don't be calling me Glinda though. https://t.co/UCXsKjsOzb
— Helen 侯-Sandí (@helenhousandi) May 4, 2016
These are just a few highlights. For more you should definitely watch out for the Week in Core posts. 📝
I’m looking forward to seeing what the upcoming weeks bring!
Last but not least I’d like to thank Inpsyde for sponsoring me to work full-time as a Release Lead for WordPress 4.6.
Inpsyde is Germany’s biggest WordPress agency with a passion for open source development where I’m working as a freelancer for the last three years. Thank you! ❤️