Have you ever been writing a post with the help of someone who does not have access to your blog and needed to give them the ability to preview it before publishing?
This plugin takes care of that by generating a URL with an expiring nonce that can be given out for public preview.
The plugin generates an URL with an expiring nonce. By default a link “lives” 48 hours. After 48 hours the link is expired and you need to copy and share a new link which is automatically generated on the same place under the editor.
48 hours are not enough to me. Can I extend the nonce time? Yes, of course. You can use the filter
Example for 5 days:
Thanks to Hans Dinkelberg for his photo.
The plugin has been downloaded 221,332 times.
It got 96% positive feedback, based on 45 ratings from the plugin repo on WordPress.org.
The plugin requires WordPress 4.6 and is compatible up to WordPress 5.0.4.
- Add support for WordPress 5.0 and the new block editor.
- Initial support for Gutenberg.
- Block robots for public post previews. Props @westonruter.
DS_Public_Post_Preview::get_preview_link()public. Props @rcstr.
- Send no-cache headers for public post previews.
- Auto select preview link on focus. Props @JeroenSormani.
- Remove preview status from posts which are trashed or after scheduled posts are published.
- Add support for paged posts.
- Update text domain to support language packs. Translations are now managed via https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/public-post-preview.
- Supports EditFlow and custom statuses
- Disables comments and pings during public post preview
- Adds Public Preview to the list of display states used in the Posts list table
- Prevents flickering of link box on Post edit while loading
- Introduces a filter
ppp_preview_link. With the filter you can adjust the preview link.
- If a post has gone live, redirect to it’s proper permalink.
- Adds the query var
_pppto WordPress SEO by Yoast whitelist.
- Based on feedback I have removed the extra metabox and added the preview link to the main Publish metabox.
- Only show the checkbox if the post status/post type is good.
- Requires WordPress 3.5.
- Sorry for the new update. Through a change in 2.1 a filter was applied to each query. The misplaced “The link has been expired!” message is now gone. Props Aki Björklund and Jonathan Channon.
- Introduces a filter
ppp_nonce_life. With the filter you can adjust the expiration of a link. By default a link has a lifetime of 48 hours.
- In some situations (still not sure when) the preview link is rewritten as a permalink which results in an error. The plugin now works in this situations too.
- Makes the preview link copyable again
- Support for all public post types
- Saves public preview status via an AJAX request
- Requires at least WordPress 3.3
- Hook in earlier in the post selection process to fix PHP notices
- Add uninstall functionality to remove options from the options table
- Fix preview URL for scheduled posts on sites with a permalink other than default activated.
- Don’t limit public previews to posts in draft or pending status. Just exclude posts in publish status.
- Initial Public Release